36 Love Quotes
36 Love Quotes1. "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
2. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
3. "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
4. "Love is an energy which exists of itself. It is its own value."
5. "Love sought is good, but given unsought is better."
6. "There is nothing holier in this life of ours than the first consciousness of love, the first fluttering of its silken wings."
7. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
8. "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
9. "Where there is love there is life."
10. "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
11. "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance."
12. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
13. "There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved."
14. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage."
15. "The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss."
16. "The best feelings are those that have no words to describe them...."
17. "Love is a little haven of refuge from the world."
18. "The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart."
19. "Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride whorthwhile. "
20. "Love builds bridges where there are none."
21. "It is best to love wisely, no doubt; but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all."
22. "Talking of love is making it."
23. "The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along."
24. "I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
25. "Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could."
26. "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
27. "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."
28. "If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand."
29. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
30. "Love is always bestowed as a gift -- freely, willingly, and without expectation. ... We don't love to be loved; we love to love."
31. "You love simply because you cannot help it."
32. "Love is the life of the soul. It is the harmony of the universe."
33. "You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."
34. "A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one."
35. "Love is, above all, the gift of oneself."
36. "Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable. "